Our Visions, Aims and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils to be confident, happy citizens.
We want children who come to our school to be happy and successful. We strive to develop courageous, enthusiastic, honest young people who love to learn, to contribute and to achieve.
We aim to ENRICH learning through our six school values. Each term we celebrate one of our values through assemblies and our weekly well done awards. At the end of each term, two ENRICH champions are selected from each class (one by the class teacher and the other by their peers) and attend a special celebration with a Senior Leader.
Each child is presented with a certificate and an ENRICH badge. Children from Thorns and Park Hill Junior (Our Federation Partner) created their individual badge designs. Children voted for their favourite with the winning design being cast.
Our six values are:
Enthusiasm (for learning, life and school!)
We believe that every individual is important and matters. Every person is included as part of the Park Hill Thorns "family".
- We inspire a love for learning.
- We celebrate learning and encourage all to reach their full potential, to strive for their personal best and take responsibility for their own learning.
- We provide a happy, safe place, nurturing the self-esteem of all and where the well-being of each individual is at the heart of what we do.
- We encourage curiosity and independence enabling all to develop skills and discover new talents.
- We build a strong partnership with parents and families so that together we mutually support children's learning.
- We help children to develop as responsible citizens able to contribute to the development of their community.
- We encourage children to develop positive relationships with one another on a personal, social and working level. We foster collaborative learning whilst developing leadership skills.
Our School Rules
We have three clearly defined school rules which are applied across a variety of situations. The simplicity of these creates clarity for staff and children alike. These rules are rewarded through praise, stickers and certificates in our weekly celebration assemblies.
Our school rules are: